1. Many Americans believe that our current congress is dysfunctional. Do you believe this?
2. If so, do you believe that large sums of money spent to influence political decisions is the main reason for this dysfunction?
3. What would you as a lawmaker do to curtail the effects of dark money donated anonymously to non-profits in unlimited quantities to influence elections and ballot questions?
4. We believe that transparency is very important. Please share whatever information you feel is appropriate to share about your top five campaign donors.
Question for those who have signed the pledge:
5. Thank you for signing the American Promise Pledge to work towards a 28th constitutional amendment to implement more permanent campaign finance reforms. What do you believe should be included in this amendment?
Questions for those who have not yet signed the pledge:
5. In Buckley v. Valeo (1976) the Supreme Court found that political spending is entitled to constitutional protection as political speech. In Citizens United (2010) the Supreme Court removed limits on certain kinds of spending for (or against) candidates.
a) Do you support a constitutional amendment to overturn these decisions?
b) If so, what should be included in this amendment?
6. Would you be willing to sign the following American Promise Pledge to work towards a 28th constitutional amendment to implement more permanent campaign finance reforms?