Reclaim Our Democracy is an inclusive, collaborative, multi-partisan movement to limit and control the corrupting influence of money on elections and politicians.
Our goal is to reclaim our democratic rights as citizens of the United States of America to have a government that truly represents and supports the needs and desires of all people.
- Elect leaders that are not under the influence of moneyed interests who can truly represent the needs of the people.
- Repair our governmental systems: reform campaign financing, eliminate gerrymandering, enable and encourage citizens to vote.
- Pass a 28th Amendment to the Constitution which makes it clear that corporations do not have the same rights as people, that money is not the same as free speech, and that improving the lives of “we, the people” is the purpose of our government.
What We Do:
- Educate ourselves and others
- Organize learning events
- Collaborate with other organizations
- Help grow the Democracy Movement
Our group began working on the issues of escalating inequality and the corrupting influence of money in politics in 2014 at First Parish in Concord, Massachusetts.
We have been working with other churches and groups to advance education and action on this issue, and in January, 2017, we brought 75 people together from neighboring towns to learn and take action together. We are working with many different organizations to reclaim our democracy including American Promise, Our Revolution, Represent.Us, UU Mass Action and many others.
We are an all-volunteer group without a budget. Our expenses are minimal. We do not take any money from corporations, Super-PACS or billionaires.
Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org