The National Citizen Leadership Conference took place in Washington, D.C. June 22-25, 2018. Organized by the American Promise group, the focus was Power Up Together.
Our American democracy and republic are in crisis, and no small measures will do. In every state, Americans are working together to win a Constitutional amendment to stop the big money corruption from super PACs and special interests in our political system so that we the people are back in charge. We are all citizen leaders and we need you in the game, and at the National Citizen Leadership Conference.
This conference was an important event that brought together representatives from many different organizations, all with a common focus of getting big money out of politics. There were quite a few videos that came out of the conference as listed below.
- Power Up for NCLC
- Article 5 Convention Debate
- Parkland Students Interview
- Bill Moyers Speech
- Jim Leach Speech
- Nina Turner Speech
- NCLC Full Speeches and Plenary Panels
- NCLC Awards and Testimonials
- NCLC Short Clips
A representative from Reclaim Our Democracy attended the conference, and agreed to have his notes included on this website. His notes are broken up by conference agenda topic into the following website pages for easy selection and access. They only include the breakout sessions he attended.
- Friday Night Kickoff
- Opening Plenary – The Supreme Court Decisions
- Opening Plenary – Business Roundtable
- Breakout – Building a Local Business Council
- Lunch with Bill Moyers
- Breakout – Digital Messaging and Organizing
- Plenary – Writing the 28th Amendment
- Breakout – Stoneman Douglas Student Leaders
- Breakout – Candidate Pledge Program
- Closing Plenary – Power Up Together